Kits are currently sponsored by
BE A KIT SPONSOR!
Sponsor a Living Well Hospital Discharge Kit!
Living Well After Head Injury Hospital Discharge Kit
The Brain Injury Alliance is thrilled to provide a Hospital Discharge Welcome Home Kits to those leaving the hospital after a head injury.
These kits are perfect for anyone who has survived a stroke, fall, TBI, concussion, car accident, or overdose.
Those who have community support as they leave the hospital usually have better outcomes when returning to work, school, and family obligations. Healing is easier when you know you have a team of Certified Brain Injury Specialists at the Brain Injury Alliance and a community who cares about your brain health with you every step of the way.
The kits include:
- Brain Injury Alliance – Activities, Support Groups, and Tip Cards
- Drug Disposal Bag—for at home prescription drug disposal
- Ear Plugs and Sleep Mask—for light and sound sensitivity
- Gun Lock – the risk of suicide increases after brain injury, and you may want to secure weapons in the house
- Journal—to process your thoughts and feelings
- Medication Lockbox- control dosage and access
- Naloxone—overdose reversal
These kits were the brainchild of
Jasmine Orona-Hardee, who sustained a head injury in a car crash while in high school.