Support groups allow you to listen, talk, learn, and educate.
Our support groups provide survivors of brain injuries and their family members with the emotional support you need. Share concerns and information with others who understand your perspective. Lessen your fears through group discussion and education.
Good support groups
- encourage active, involved listening for everyone
- give you the sense that others care and that you are being heard
- enable you to meet and accept your needs
- allow you the opportunity to be really understood
- make you aware of needs and strengths you have in common with others
- provide a place for you to find courage and take risks
- create an atmosphere where you can get in touch with yourself
- accept that you will express positive and negative views and not be judged or labeled
Find a support group near you.