Getting a lawyer now can mean fewer problems later.
For people with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and their families, treatment and rehabilitation are probably the priorities. But finding the right lawyer as soon as you're able can be critical in determining the potential monetary compensation for the survivor's pain and suffering, lost wages, rehabilitation, and therapy.
Here are some important steps to select a lawyer:
- Talk to people who regularly deal with TBI issues for referrals.
- Ask a lawyer - regardless of his or her specialty - for referrals.
- Put together your list of qualified lawyers to contact.
- Screen these lawyers on the telephone.
- Schedule an appointment to meet the lawyers you like in person.
Learn more about selecting a lawyer.